Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Aerosmith - Pump

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Aerosmith - Pump

    Rock [censored] solid album. I don't know if they ever made a stronger conglomeration of songs.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Aerosmith - Pump

    It's much better than any of the garbage they've put out since.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Aerosmith - Pump

    Get a Grip was good, but a little bloated. Nine Lives wasn't very weak, but not strong either. Everything in the last 10 years has been crap.

    Pump may very well be their apex.

    Plus Tom Hamilton was abso [censored] lutely rocking the bass on this one.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Aerosmith - Pump

    Just curious but do you guys actually purchase new CD's or do you just download the songs from the net?

    I've always been meaning to ask that question with all the threads about new Tool, NiN, etc. CD's coming out.

    I personally haven't bought a CD for 5+ years because it's just so easy to find the songs online anymore. The most ironic thing is that the recent Radiohead CD "In Rainbows" was an online-only release, but I still downloaded the songs for free.

    I'm an evil music pirate, I know, but I just thought it was ironic that they moved from stores to the Internet where it's so easy for people to obtain the music for free unless you consider iTunes and the other great alternatives which aren't well-suited for cheap skates like me.

    Limewire is pretty much the tool of choice. I used to like Kazaa until it seemingly turned into a virus party.
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Aerosmith - Pump

    Depends on what it is. Most things I download a month or more before they're released just because I can't wait, then buy them when they're released. I like to have a hard copy. I own over 1000 cds. It's the one thing that I waste my money on.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Aerosmith - Pump

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's the one thing that I waste my money on.</div></div>


    Other than UT crap?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Aerosmith - Pump

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on what it is. Most things I download a month or more before they're released just because I can't wait, then buy them when they're released. I like to have a hard copy. I own over 1000 cds. It's the one thing that I waste my money on. </div></div>

    I know there was one item I wish I could have purchased and I haven't seen it recently though it's probably out there somewhere: The "With the Lights Out" Nirvana compilation that has dozens of live tracks (several rare ones too I think) and also a DVD with some live performances that may not be hard to find on sites like YouTube but would still be nice to have at full quality.

    The price isn't too bad either. $40 I think or something around that. I guess I should stop pondering about it and just buy the damned thing, eh? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] It's funny.. I was such a big Nirvana fan back around that time (only 10 or so years late to the scene, I know) but I let that one slip by somehow.
    Officially retired

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •